Monday, March 5, 2012

Upcycled Bird Shirt Bag

~ Upcycled Bird Shirt Bag ~

 I was cleaning out my closet and getting rid of all the clothes that don't fit anymore (or would be WAY too warm in Southern climate) and I found this shirt (from Pac Sun) with a really cool bird design on the front. So, I decided to try a bag.

 I started with cutting the sleeves off.

 Then cutting the shirt right under the colar.

 I turned the shirt inside out and sewed across the top.
Then turned the shirt right side out.

 Then I folded the bottom up about a third of the way and sewed the sides.
   Keeping the bird pattern on the inside (it will end up on the outside of the bag)

 Then I cut the excess off the sides.

 I turned it right side out. 
There is that amazing bird pattern.

 Last I sewed a strap on.
I used a longer, thin strap for this bag. It adds to the chill-ness of the bag.

Ready to fly!

No comments:

Post a Comment