Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Knot Side Bag (instructions)


~ Knot Side Bag ~

I made this as a easy going beach type bag. You can alter it in many ways to make it fit your style. 
Here is how I made it.


 Here are the measurements for the main part of the bag. (see picture above)
Total bag: Width 13" Height 29" Straps: 2" x 16". I used a paper plate to make the round part.
You will need 2 pieces  of both the liner and outside fabric. 
I cut on a fold so I didn't have to sew the one side.  
Sew all the way around the outside of each set. Forming two "bags" that open at the top.

 Then I cut out two pieces from the outside fabric. They are 7" x 1 1/4".

 I sewed these in side out and then flipped them right side out. 
(If you have a crochet hook it will be helpful in turning these right side out. )

 Next I took the liner and put it around the outside fabric with both good sides facing together. 

 I pinned the little tie we made earlier in the middle of the scoop. 
Then sewed from the top and down around and up the other side. 

 I continued to do the same thing to the other side. 

 I sewed across the top of the strap on one side, down, across, and back up. 
Stopping before I sewed across the other top of the strap. 

 Then I pulled the bag right side out through the little hole in the top of the strap. 

 I then pinned and sewed the opening in the top of the strap closed. 

 Trim loose thread, tie the straps in a knot (it looks almost like a bow)

 and knot the little ties that keep the bag shut.

 All Done!

Like I said, I wanted this to be a chill beach bag. You can sewed around the edges if you want a more crisp look. Also you can replace the ties with a snap, zipper, or magnet. Use your imagination!


No comments:

Post a Comment