Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Reversible Shoulder Bag

~ Reversible Shoulder Bag ~

 I started out thinking I was making this a little different than I did, so ignore the little pieces and just pay attention to the larger piece cut out above. I cut this out of the both color materials and the bottom is on the fabric seam (so you have two sides of each color)

 I sewed them each together (like individual bags) and then turned the polka dotted one outside right.

 With the polka dotted one on the outside and the solid one on the inside...

 ...I sewed the "scoop" and handles together

 For the "scoop" part, I cut little slits along the round part and then folded the fabric over, pinned, and sewed together.

 *here it is pinned*

 For the straps I folded the edges in and sewed.

 At the top I folded the straps inside of one another and sewed them together.
(For this one I made two straps. 
Next time I would only make on strap for a short strap, two if it was a longer strap)
 Finally product.

 I wish the camera would capture the brilliance of this fabric. Its one of my new favorites.



No comments:

Post a Comment