Saturday, March 10, 2012

Roxy Pillow Case to Beach Tote

~ Roxy Pillow Case to Beach Tote ~

 At Marden's I found this Roxy pillow case for $0.99. GREAT DEAL! I didn't see a pillow case, I saw fabric and an upcycle :)

First I turned the pillow case inside out and cut the seams off all the way around the edge.

 Now I had two large pieces of fabric.

 I then cut the two pieces into several pieces to make the tote bag.

 I sewed the pieces together inside out, then flipped right side out and created two "bags".

 Now I had the two "bag" or sides of this reversible bag.

 I took the brown and folded it over the top of the pink for the hem on the top

 Then I cut out handle pieces from the remainder of the fabric

 (here is me new sewing nook)

 I sewed the edges of the handle pieces together like so.

 I took some more of the remnants and made this cell phone pocket.

 Here it is right side out.

 I sewed the buttons that were part of the pillow case to the strap of the cell phone case and it buttons onto the pink side where there were the original button holes in the fabric.
 Then I sewed the handle onto the bag. Again folding the brown out to be seen in this hem.

 I also made a key ring that buttons into the handle (again an original button hole)

Here is the bag with the pink side out and the detachable button on items in place.


Here is the final product. My first full bag done on my new sewing machine. A cute reversible tote bag.
It even says "Roxy" on the front of the pink side. Very trendy.

No comments:

Post a Comment