Sunday, March 18, 2012

Hobo Bag

So I got a special order for a larger bag that would be good to carry around all the stuff a girl needs plus diabetics medication/necessities. This is what the result was. Honestly I am quite proud. I got the inspiration from a round bottom bag I bought while I was in Guatemala. I didn't do a tutorial, but the dimensions are 25" x 16" for the main part of the bag, the section that dips is 12" up from the bottom. The circle for the round bottom was 8" in diameter. The strap was 36" x 4". I sewed the bottom of the main pannel around the circular bottom. until the two sides meet. Then sewed up the side. I did this for both colors. (I sewed a zipper pocket to the inside layer) Then I sewed the strap on the ends of the bag (the tallest parts on the edge) and the zipper into top (this is where I sewed the two layers together, as I was sewing in the zipper)

Not the best directions I know, but a basic idea.


No comments:

Post a Comment