Thursday, July 12, 2012

Flip-Flop Makeover II


So I did another pair of Flip-flops. These ones are for Lelaini, and they came out super cute!


I started as I did before 
(buying a pair of $1 flip-flops and cutting off the plastic strap. See Up-Cycled Flip-flops 

I used T-shirt material and ribbon for the straps. (Messure the length of ribbon you will need to reach from your toes to about the mid-heel of your foot.) 

Then I sewed a button in the middle of the backside of the ribbon. 


Make sure you melt the ends of the ribbon so it does not fray. (careful not to catch it on fire)


Push the two ends of the ribbon through the top strap hole. 


Pull all the way through until the button is flat against the bottom of the sandle.


Taking the t-shirt material (about 7.5" - 8" long and 1" wide) and twisting it (as we did last time) then threading it through the ankle holes and tying underneath the sandle. (I learned from my first pair you do not want to tie the knot so tight that it can slip through the hole) 



 Next I took the ends of the ribbon and wrapping them around the heel strap I sewed them. Make sure you sew ribbon to ribbon, you want them to be able to slide up and down on the heel strap.



And there you have it! She choose crazy cute colors with this one. 




No comments:

Post a Comment