Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Silhouette Vase

~ Silhouette Vase ~


I have been work on something that I have called "The Silhouette Project". Basically I have been trying different mediums with the idea that I saw here: 

Project #4 I made a silhouette vase using a wine bottle.



First I printed out this design. 
It is the letter "t" in font Bodoni Ornaments ITC TT.


Then I washed the label off of this wine bottle. 
Peanut butter usually removes labels really well, but we were out so I had to do it the hard way. 


 After cutting out the design I taped it to the front of the bottle.


Next I painted the bottle over the design. I used very short random brush marks that showed. 
This left a texture, but you can also paint it smooth if you like.


Once the paint starts to dry (which should be very quick) peel the paper design off of the bottle. I used a  mechanical pencil to scrap away any paper or paint that got stuck in the design.


Wa-la! 


 Here is a close up of the design.



You could also do this on a plain glass vase, cup, etc. 


We don't really have flowers in the desert this time of year, 
but these weeds demonstrate how it is a vase.




No comments:

Post a Comment