Friday, August 3, 2012

Light at the End of the Tunnel

Well, Sunday I moved to Fort Worth to join my husband. Monday morning I shrieked with delight as we went to the mall (less than 5 minutes away), it was a REAL mall. As much as I enjoyed the quiet, I'm so glad to be in a CITY! Within 2 days I had a job interview and things were looking up. FINALLY a light at the end of the tunnel. Getting back on our feet was within reach. Then, like a slap in the face, the tunnel caved in. An hour before I started my new job, my husband received a voicemail saying he had been terminated. No good explanation. No warning. No second chance. My heart fell through my stomach as a million things spun through my mind. Why? What the heck God? Things were just starting to look up. I should have known better than to hope.
I know we are never dropped. Like I said an hour later I started my new job. It will not as big of an income, but it is something. I just want to know what the lesson is that I need to learn. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, am I strong enough yet? This learning process is about killing me, but I KNOW that I KNOW it is for a reason. Accepting the unchangeable with grace is my current task. May it come with more ease as time passes.

No comments:

Post a Comment